Saturday, June 8, 2013

Home-made Mirinda or think local

I'm sitting naked on my couch with the fun turned on. Drops of sweat are sliding down my neck and then down on my cleavage. The rainy season is about to start - it's sticky and hot. I get in the shower and let the cold water run down my body. I just want to stay there forever. Sadly, I get out. I leave my body wet to maximize the cooling sensation. I turn the fan back on and reach for the fridge. A multipack of Chang soda water is standing at the top shelf in its full glory, shining with a heavenly glow.


The Chang experience
  1. Psssst- the sparkling magic begins floating in the air releasing it's enchanting burstiness
  2. Gulp, gulp,gulp - a mighty flood of bubbles travels up, releases some of it's energy through the nose and continues to it's final destination - the brain. 
  3. Burp, burp - the bubbles pop out in your brain releasing their magic content causing a slight euphoric dizziness to finish of this champagne experience comparable with a friendly hit in the head with an elephant trunk - in Thai Chang means elephant.
It's not that I never drink soft drinks by MNC's brands but in Thailand they are all at least twice as sugary and have strange neon colours so being slightly addicted to the Chang sparkling magic it wasn't hard to come up with this recipe.


Home-made Mirinda

Ingredients (serves 1)
- a 325ml bottle of Chang soda water
- fresh juice of 3 tangerines

Preparation
  1. Put on a juicy song like That time by Regina Spektor
  2. Open a bottle of Chang soda water
  3. Drink the content until the level reaches the edge of Chang label (about 3 gulps)
  4. Fill in the rest of the bottle with tangerine juice
  5. Sit down and enjoy the rest of the song sipping your home-made Mirinda (so Sweet and Juicy!)
This recipe supports:
  • buying local

0 comments:

Post a Comment

,